The Van Schaick House is a historical home in Cohoes. It is located at 1 Van Schaick Ave, Cohoes, NY 12047. The Van Schaick Mansion was constructed between 1735 and 1755 by Anthony Van Schaick. It was used as a British general’s headquarters during the French and Indian War. The house is located between New York City and Canada, and was made famous by the movie “Road to Freedom.” The museum is open to the public and is part of the Van-Shaick Mansion Project. It is a rare example of Dutch colonial architecture. Today, the property is owned by the State of New York.
The Van-Schaick Mansion was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1970. It was included in the New York State Revolutionary War Heritage Trail in 2008 and was included in the Paths to History in 2013. The Van Schaick Mansion has been taken care of by a few groups and individuals over the years, but since 2001, the Gen. Peter Gansevoort Chapter has been looking after the property. The Van-Schaick Mansion Project was created under the direction of the Chapter to collect and preserve the history of Van-Schaick Island.
The Van Schaick Mansion is a historic home in Cohoes, New York, with a rich history tied to the American Revolution and the French and Indian War. The mansion is situated at the confluence of the Hudson and Mohawk Rivers and sits between New York City and Canada. During the French and Indian War, it served as the headquarters for British generals.
The Van Schaick Mansion is an 18th century historic home in Cohoes, New York. The mansion was built by an Englishman named Peter Van Schaick, and was used by the General during the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. The Mansion was inhabited by Generals Gates and Schuyler, and even a few of the other officers and soldiers were housed in the house. During the days leading up to the battle, over 5,000 Continental soldiers were encamped around the mansion. Another Great Read.
The Van Schaick Mansion is a historic home in Cohoes, New York with ties to the American Revolution and French and Indian War. It was built in 1735 and used as a military headquarters by English generals during the American Revolution. In addition, Generals Schuyler, Gates, Poor, and Arnold stayed in the mansion during the war. It was named after the Generals who occupied the mansion.
Driving Directions To Capital Skin – Clifton Park, NY From This POI
Driving Directions To The Next POI
Details on Empire State Aerosciences Museum Glenville NY