The Oxygen Facial
WHAT IS AN OXYGEN FACIAL?
The Intraceuticals Oxygen facial treatments are based on the proof that oxygen is essential to the function of every cell in our bodies, because of our inevitable daily encounters with pollution and toxins, sun damage and the onset of age, oxygen is often not effectively delivered to our cells. Our skin can become starved of the oxygen that helps skin create new cells. Insufficient oxygen supply can lead to dull, thin-looking skin. This can also be a reason we show accelerated signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. Capital Skin's oxygen facial helps improve circulation and boosts the growth of new cells and collagen. This generates a healthy glow and brings a plumping effect to the skin, continue these amazing results with Intraceuticals at-home care! This treatment is favored by celebrities around the world.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
With this treatment you can expect a relaxing application of pure oxygen and custom selected serum gently pumped directly on to the skin. Because of its gentleness and immediate visual results, this procedure is an outstanding choice for someone who needs to immediately resume normal activities or who wants that distinct and instantaneous luster for a special occasion. Unlike many other facial treatments, makeup can be applied immediately post procedure. Of late, oxygen facials have become tremendously popular with celebrities and public figures. It has been reported that Madonna has an oxygen facial before each performance! With proper maintenance, oxygen facials can have wonderful long term results.
There are four treatment options, each serum featuring a targeted blend of hyaluronic acid, botanical extracts, antioxidants, peptides and/or vitamins:
- Rejuvenate diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while enhancing overall hydration.
- Opulence helps uneven skin tone look brighter and more luminous.
- Clarity calms acne while restoring moisture balance and defending against future breakouts.
- Atoxelene is a needle-free Botox alternative that helps to soften and firm expression lines, define the eye contour and plump the lips.
The infusing feels like a blast of cold air on the skin, with a slight pressure but nothing painful or uncomfortable. Once your esthetician slowly makes his or her way around your entire face with the wand, you'll get one of their topical serums and/or creams applied on top (a process Intraceuticals calls "hyaluronic layering").
The whole process takes about 30-60 minutes, and then you can also buy products to help maintain your results at home. The brand has recently come out with four booster serums that you can mix and match to customize your regimen:
- The Vitamin C+3 Booster is for all skin types and helps even out irregular skin tone and sun damage.
- The Collagen+ Booster is packed with peptides for restoring volume and tightness to skin that's lost elasticity, tone and density.
- The Vitamin A+ Booster is great for oily or acneic skin, or if you have really visible pores. It also helps resurface fine lines and wrinkles like a traditional retinol product. It's been formulated to have a buffer, so it's not as irritating as other retinols.
- The Antioxidant+ Booster is a favorite. It really does give your skin that boost when it looks tired and kind of sad, the same way you would drink a green juice when you feel blah. It also has more natural ingredients than the others.